Dual technology volumetric motion detection sensor
RANGE : Volumetric sensor, 90ft. x 50 ft. (27m x 15m) – 100 ft. x 35ft (30m x 10.5m) – 125ft. x 20ft. (38m x 6m) – 50ft. x 50ft. (15m x 15m)
RELIABILITY : Dual technology sensing configured for “And Gate” operation
PERFORMANCE : False-alarm-free performance over a wide variety of applications
PIRAMID XL2 is a dual technology volumetric intrusion sensor which integrates a unique proprietary microwave design (termed Stereo Doppler) and passive infrared. These two complementary technologies must be activated simultaneously to generate an overall sensor alarm. The microwave portion detects the motion of the intruder, whereas the passive infrared portion detects a change in the infrared radiation as an intruder moves through the area.
Advanced signal processing for each of the two technologies enable immunity to randomly moving targets such as vibration, swinging signs and moving vegetation. Special filtering facilitates exceptional immunity to birds and small animals. PIRAMID sensors offer reliable volumetric detection (and protection) in the most extreme environmental conditions.
The PIRAMID XL2 sensors have a very broad application range. For optimum performance it is best to use the PIRAMID XL2 as a volumetric sensor to protect specific assets and strategic areas. Generally the sensor is not used along a perimeter fence area like an outdoor infrared barrier.
PIRAMID XL2 should be used in a controlled fenced area and the applications are unlimited such as lumber yards, car dealerships and rental facilities, auto body shops, plumbing and maintenance yards, equipment rental yards, private residences, remote satellite sites, greenhouses, public swimming pools, parking garages, military motor pools, prisons, storage facilities or any controlled outdoor area where there is a risk of terrorism, vandalism, sabotage or theft.
|Admissible voltages||8.5 to 20 Vcc (Also available in 24DC or 24A)|
|Consumption||150 mA under 12 Vcc (LEDS OFF)|
|Power density||120 µW/cm² maximum in front of the device|
|Operating temperature||-40°F to 158°F (-40°C to +70°C (158°F)|
|Relative humidity||0 to 100%|
|Relay contact capacity||0,1 A / 50 V|
|Housing dimensions (mm)||158,75 (L) x 133,35 (l) x 88,90 (H)|
|Housing dimensions (inches)||6.25 (L) x 5.25 (l) x 3.5” (H)|
|Cap dimensions (mm)||234,95 (L) x 152,40 (l) x 107,95 (H)|
|Cap dimensions (inches)||9.25 (L) x 6 (l) x 4.25” (H)|
|Factory setting frequency||USA – 10.525 GHz International - 10.587 GHz / 9.90 GHz / 9.47 GHz|
Must be installed on a wall or solid pole. If installed on a building with a metal surface, support must be vibration-resistant.
Not recommended for installation on surfaces exposed to strong vibrations.
Position detector so coverage stops on the ground in the target protection area. NOTE: the device can detect a large objects (car/bus) at a distance of 150 meters (492 feet).
Do not install the detector under eaves without a gutter. Heavy water flow in front of detector can trigger unwanted alarms.
PIRAMID XL2 is a dual technology volumetric intrusion sensor which integrates a proprietary microwave design (termed Stereo Doppler) and passive infrared. These two complementary technologies must be activated simultaneously to generate a sensor alarm.
Advanced signal processing for each of the two technologies provide immunity to randomly moving targets such as vibration, moving vegetation and temperature variations. Special filtering enables exceptional immunity to birds and small animals.
The high-frequency antenna comprises a 24 GHz frequency transmitter (in K band) and a receiver with Doppler effect which detects signal variations caused by the passage of an object in the zone. To trigger an alarm, both two technologies must detect an intrusion.
- Stereo Doppler Microwave Sensor: Two receiving channels with the ability to eliminate vibration and periodically moving objects as sources of false alarms.
- Dual Element Infrared Sensor: Ignores normal temperature variations yet is very responsive to rapid movement by an intruder.
- Microprocessor controlled: Proprietary integrated circuit design provides enhanced digital signal processing for both microwave and passive infrared technologies.
- Balanced Temperature Compensation: Stereo Doppler Microwave and Passive Infrared portions automatically adjust detection parameters to compensate for losses in range that occur at elevated temperatures.
- Stereo Doppler Supervision: A component failure will cause the sensor to lock -in alarm.
- Digital Range Control: Ten-position digital switch adjusts how far the sensor detects (to its maximum range).
- Digital Sensitivity Control: Ten-position digital switch adjusts the amount of movement required to initiate an alarm condition.
- Master Alarm LEDs: Displayed on the face of the unit indicating the alarm relay status.
- Analytic LEDs: Alarm and environmental caution LEDs for both technologies are displayed on the face of the sensor. An internal switch can disable both Master and Analytic LEDs.
- Walk-Test Minisounder: Audible tester to assist in walk-test and initial sensor set-up. The walk test XL-minisounder greatly simplifies the installation as it enables walk-testing and adjustment by a single installer.
- Swivel Mounting: 180 degree Horizontal Adjustment 90 degree Vertical Adjustment.
- Tamper Proof: Tamper switch with terminal connection.
- All Solid State Relay: User selectable form C relay output. A solid State relay is flexible, silent and more reliable than an electromechanical relay.