Stereo Doppler Microwave sensor in Explosion-proof housing
RELIABILITY : Ideal for highly sensitive sites and applications – conforms to various hazardous site Class requirements – see below
PERFORMANCE : High performance digital signal processing and adaptive circuitry facilitates high reliability and performance
INNOVATION : PROTECH’s unique proprietary “Stereo Doppler” technology enables false-alarm-free performance over a wide variety of applications
The PIRAMID SDI-77XL2-EX (Stereo Doppler Motion Detection Sensor) was developed to protect hazardous sites with the presence of flammable gases or vapors, combustible dusts or easily ignitable fibers or flying particles. The SDI-77XL2-EX electronic assembly is configured to be easily inserted into a special explosion-proof enclosure. The sensor is suitable for application in Hazardous Locations under the following classifications:
- Class I, Div. 1 & 2, Groups C,D
- Class II, Div. 1 & 2, Groups EFG
- Class III – NEMA 7CD, (EFG)
Also available for applications outside North America is PIRAMID ATEX, compliant with the Standard ATEX 94/9 EC – EN 50014 -18. PIRAMID ATEX is suitable for sensitive sites classed Zone 1 and 2 for flammable gases and Zone 21 and 22 for combustible dusts.
The Stereo Doppler technology features two receiving channels with the ability to eliminate vibration and randomly moving objects as sources of unwanted alarms.
The PIRAMID EX is suitable for installation at petroleum refineries, chemical and petrochemical plants, storage areas and other processing facilities where hazardous substances are handled or stored.
|Input voltage||8,5 to 20 Vdc (Also available in 24DC or 24A)|
|Consumption||150 mA @ 12 Vdc (LED OFF)|
|RF power density||120 uW/cm² max. at the face of the unit|
|Weight||40 lbs. (12 kg)|
|Operating temperature||-31°F to +158°F (-35°C to +70°C)|
|IP rating||IP66 compliant with EN 60529 and IEC 60529 Mechanical resistance IK10 compliant with EN 50102|
|Relay contact rating||0,1 A / 50 V|
|Microwave frequency||Factory adjusted to one of the following frequencies : 10,525 MHz USA 10,587 MHz International 9,900 MHz International 9,470 MHz International|
|Electric access||Housing provided with NPT 1/2” pipe thread and cable gland adapted to non-armored cables. Diameter 2 mm to 9 mm. Special hole size, location and thread options available upon request.|
Must be installed on a solid wall, pillar or pole free from extreme vibration.
If installed on a building with a metal surface, support must be vibration-resistant.
Aim the sensor downward so that its coverage stops on the ground in the required protection area. Please note that the sensor can detect large objects such as vehicles (cars, buses, etc.) at a distance of greater than 500 ft. (150 meters).
When mounting on oil platforms, aim the sensor away from moving water.
The SDI-77XL2-EX Model of Stereo Doppler Motion Detection Sensor was developed to protect Hazardous Locations due to the presence of flammable gasses or vapors, combustible dusts or easily ignitable fibers or flyings.
The SDI-77XL2-EX electronic assembly is configured to be easily inserted into a special explosion-proof enclosure. The unit is suitable for applications in Hazardous Locations under the following classifications:
- Class I, Div. 1 & 2, Groups C,D
- Class II, Div. 1 & 2, Groups E,F,G
- Class III
- NEMA 7CD, 9EFG
The unit is suitable for installations at petroleum refineries, chemical and petrochemical plants, storage areas and other processing facilities where hazardous substances are handled or stored.
The high-frequency antenna comprises a 24 GHz frequency transmitter (in K band) and a receiver with Doppler effect which detects signal variations caused by the passage of an object in the lobe. The association of these two technologies produces a reliable and high-performance solution by forming a non-physical light curtain or lobe (depending on sensor model).
- Stereo Doppler Microwave Detector: Two receiving channels with the ability to eliminate vibration and periodically moving objects as sources of false alarms.
- Microprocessor controlled: Proprietary integrated circuit design that provides enhanced digital signal processing for microwave sensor.
- Stereo Doppler Supervision: A component or power failure will cause the sensor to lock-in alarm.
- Digital Range Control: Ten-position digital switch adjusts the overall size of the sensor’s detection area (to its maximum range).
- Digital Sensitivity Control: Ten-position digital switch adjusts the amount of movement required to initiate an alarm condition.
- Enhanced Bird/Animal Immunity Control: Two-position switch adjusts the sensor’s immunity to birds and small animals.
- Tamper: Housing tamper with terminal connection.
- Solid State Relay: User selectable form C relay output. A Solid State relay is flexible, silent, and more reliable than an electromechanical relay.
- Walk-Test Sounder: Optional audible tester to assist in the walk-test and initial sensor set-up. The XL-Minisounder greatly simplifies the installation as it enables walk-testing and adjustment by a single installer.